Monday 11 June 2018

Passion Project Dog Toy







                 Passion Project Dog Toy
----------------------------------------------------------


My Passion Project was to make two dog toys for my dog Bella.
A Passion project is where you have to make something with your own resources, money and have to make\build it at school, I wanted to make dog toys for my dog because even though she has a lot already she can never have too many.

You got to choose between doing Girl Tech or Passion project, and of course I picked Passion project.
I was just intrigued to do a Passion project since I hadn't done one before and that the whole decision was up to me and what I could make.

First you had to pitch your idea to a group, pitch means to tell someone your idea and add detail, then you had to fill out a sheet on paper about what resources you will need, what questions you need to answer, and your Timeline.

A Timeline is filling out at the start of each week what tasks you will need to get done in order to make your Passion project work.

My first idea of a dog toy was to make a rope for her to chew on, so I did some research for what materials I'll need and what will be safe for her to chew on?
I bought the materials on the weekend with my Mum and then took them to school the next day, I looked at a couple tutorials on YouTube then started to create.

I made my first dog toy in day one of bringing my resources to school, The idea was to cut holes in a tennis ball then plait a T-shirt then stick the T-shirt through the ball holes, it looked like this in the end.










The next day I started to make the second dog toy, it was just a regular rope toy, with yellow rope tied around it, I actually used the remains of some of the plaited T-shirt to hold the rope in place and make it straight.









Right now my dog Bella is loving playing with these toys, and I also made two more long rope toys for her at home since she liked them so much.
I think I learnt a lot for this experience like:

How to make the toys?
What resources you will need?
What resources will be safe for her to chew on?
How long it would take me to make them?
How tight should the rope be?
What was my Timeline?
And questions like that.

The process only took me 3 and a half weeks to make, one day to get all the resources, 2 and a half days to make the toys, and a whole week to research, 
I really liked my Passion project and think I will want to do another one in the future.

Here are some more photo's of my dog playing with her toys!





No comments:

Post a Comment